Sorry, you don't have access to the chatbox yet, VIPs and people with more than 2 posts get access to the chatbox :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a Netbook Tablet
16-08-2010, 04:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 16-08-2010, 04:43 AM by phonz.)
Looking for a Netbook Tablet
Ahoy-ahoy ladies/sirs,
I'm not sure if you can help me out here or not, but I've been drooling over all these lightweight tablets that have been released lately and I'm starting to think that I should definitely buy one.

One of the functions I'm really looking for is the ability to read CBR/CBZ/PDF files, cuz, well, I love comics and I think a tablet would be perfect for this.My only qualms with most tablets is the battery-life, which is on avg around 4 hours it seems. I would LOVE to get anything that can surpass the 8-hour mark.

I don't need anything to powerful, just really looking for something that can read digital comics at a decent price.

So far I have come across two system that seem like a good possibility.
iPad
Touch Book
Only problem with them is I hate giving money to Apple (though I could jailbreak hopefully?), and it seems Touch Book's production is currently on standby.

I have researched a couple other options
ASUS Eee PC T91MT
Archos Tablets
and some new Lenovo tablets.
And my issues with these is the battery life.
Nothing seems to hold up to my standards for battery power except the iPad at the moment.

I was wondering if anyone here has any recommendations or experiences with these products or similar?
Cuz im getting sick of turning my monitor sideways to read my books.
16-08-2010, 06:34 PM,
RE: Looking for a Netbook Tablet
If you were to get the iPad, I have the perfect App for you to use.

http://www.icomicviewer.com/

I'm using it to read my Batman stuff on the iTouch.
17-08-2010, 09:52 AM,
Thanks Rong
yeah i was checking out some of the apps used in mobile OS's for eBook/Comic readers.
My favorite is still ComicRack, but I think I could easily adapt to some of the iPad ones I've seen.
The Android ones look ok as well, just not as polished for most of them.
I read that there could possibly be a ComicRack linux port in the future too
17-08-2010, 02:22 PM,
Don't forget you can also buy comics from Marvel.

http://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/marvel-co...27738?mt=8
17-08-2010, 04:18 PM,
The Lenovo tablets look really promising, all tho I would probably wait another year atleast.

Previously I've had my eye on an Kindle from Amazon, but due to the high price it hardly seems worth it Sad
[Image: sitelogo.png]
17-08-2010, 10:09 PM,
the marvel Comic app looks cool. I love the view panel-by-panel feature. However I have a large collection of Image comics that I wanted to read before anything else.

Yeah, the kindle sounds pretty cool and if you ever used one, they are so easy on the eyes. Theres no refresh rate constantly flickering.