Sorry, you don't have access to the chatbox yet, VIPs and people with more than 2 posts get access to the chatbox :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New type of Steam Account phishing.
19-08-2010, 02:35 PM,
New type of Steam Account phishing.
  • Activation key.
  • Technology
  • You activate the key in Steam from a stranger.

Characteristics.

The hijacker uses the greed of the victim and tells her game key through IM. Typically, the game is Speedball 2 - Tournament, the key to which you can get it for free. After activation of the key, an hijacker wrote in the Steam Support and asked to restore the victim's account. Steam Support restoring the account, now it belongs to the hijacker. Usually this way "13 years old's" use to cheat in games, after which your account gets banned by VAC.

What should you do?

Do not be an idiot and do not activate the game keys from strangers to your account.

If your account has been hijacked by this way!
Submit a ticket to Steam Support, provide the key of the first activated the game on your account, and ask for removal of game that hijacker given to you, because he can reset your account with that key again. If the account is VAC banned by the actions of the hijacker, then the ban will not be removed.

Be very very carefull.
19-08-2010, 03:04 PM,
RE: New type of Steam Account phishing.
Haha, that is ingenious!
[Image: sitelogo.png]
20-10-2010, 05:14 AM,
thx for this nice method, ill try it out Smile
20-10-2010, 07:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 20-10-2010, 07:14 AM by hamburg18.)
Still not happened to me, i still remember when they came with a fake steam sites to me. They have really great ideas but the implementation seem to be really bad.
[Image: matrix_0009.gif]
09-10-2011, 02:52 AM,
Pff, my English is to bad for that, Can someone send PM with German text Big Grin Thanks.
[Image: penguin.gif]
12-10-2011, 09:12 AM,
wow strange