Sorry, you don't have access to the chatbox yet, VIPs and people with more than 2 posts get access to the chatbox :)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
APB servers to shut down tonight.
17-09-2010, 09:00 AM,
APB servers to shut down tonight.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6276253.htm...es;title;1

"Realtime Worlds' online shooter APB was in development for more than five years, but is having the plug pulled on it after less than three months. In a post on the game'sofficial forums, community officer Ben Bateman announced that, "despite everyone's best efforts to keep the service running, APB is coming to a close."

APB's servers are up at the moment, giving players a chance to say their goodbyes to the crime-riddled city of San Paro. In a post on his Twitter feed, Bateman said the servers would be turned off "tonight."
17-09-2010, 03:56 PM,
RE: APB servers to shut down tonight.
It was a fun game during the beta, but also noticeable that it wasn't gonna be around for long..
The massive lag really turned people off, otherwise it would've been a decent game.

Too bad for EA I guess now that they've pumped millions into it after the last time it was gonna shut down.
[Image: sitelogo.png]
17-09-2010, 04:18 PM,
They got the concept right..just executed poorly!
17-09-2010, 10:48 PM,
Indeed.. I participated in closed & open beta.
Lag was a major issue, but then again it's kinda to expect during beta. But this seemed to keep on even after release which is just bad.

Could've been a great game tho, real shame..
System requirements were way too high for alot of people too.
[Image: sitelogo.png]
03-11-2010, 05:45 AM,
LOL epic fail. I have never really liked that game, lol. I played the beta before and it suckedUndecided
22-12-2010, 11:21 PM,
Opening soon in Q1 2011.
23-12-2010, 02:11 AM,
Yes. Free to play even.