Sorry, you don't have access to the chatbox yet, VIPs and people with more than 2 posts get access to the chatbox :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragon Age 2
11-07-2010, 07:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 19-08-2010, 02:16 PM by Rong.)
Dragon Age 2
Official site

http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/

Experience the epic sequel to the 2009 Game of the Year from the critically acclaimed makers of Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2. You are one of the few who escaped the destruction of your home. Now, forced to fight for survival in an ever-changing world, you must gather the deadliest of allies, amass fame and fortune, and seal your place in history. This is the story of how the world changed forever. The legend of your Rise to Power begins now.

Key FeaturesVampire/b]

•Embark upon an all-new adventure that takes place across an entire decade and shapes itself around every decision you make.
•Determine your rise to power from a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land.
•Think like a general and fight like a Spartan with dynamic new combat mechanics that put you right in the heart of battle whether you are a mage, rogue, or warrior.
•Go deeper into the world of Dragon Age with an entirely new cinematic experience that grabs hold of you from the beginning and never lets go.
•Discover a whole realm rendered in stunning detail with updated graphics and a new visual style.

[b]Additional details

Basically, what we know is the following:

* The main character's surname is Hawke
* Hawke survived "the Blight"
* Hawke is known as "the Champion of Kirkwall"
* Hawke is a "refugee"
* DA2's story will span 10 years
* DA2 will be released in March 2011 for PC, XBox 360, and PS3
* Morrigan is NOT Hawke's mother; Hawke is NOT the "god baby"
* Hawke can be male or female
* Hawke is human
* DA2 is a single-player game
* "More than half" of the Dragon Age left by the time Awakening begins
* "Hawke can, indeed, be a mage."
* There will be more DLC and patches for DAO before DA2 is released
* No word so far on different editions

Which should mean so far that:

* We cannot change the race of the character (he or she is only human)
* None of the characters we make in DAO or Awakening will "transfer" to DA2 à-la Mass Effect 1 to Mass Effect 2 continuity system (a number of DAO players thought it might have been the case since we could after all transfer our DAO characters to Awakening)

Screenshots

[Image: 1278977462411.jpg]
[Image: 1278977818836.jpg]
[Image: media?id=3837068&type=lg]
[Image: media?id=3837067&type=lg]
[Image: media?id=3837066&type=lg]

Trailer debut

http://kotaku.com/5614842/dragon-age-2-d...e+rendered

1. When will Dragon Age 2 be released?
    We have not set a release date for Dragon Age 2, but we are targeting the first quarter of 2011.

2. Which systems is Dragon Age 2 being released on? Will they be released at the same time?
    Dragon Age 2 is being released simultaneously for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

3. Do I have to play Dragon Age: Origins before playing Dragon Age 2?
    You do not have to play Dragon Age: Origins to fully experience Dragon Age 2. It is a perfect starting point to enter the series.

4. Will I meet romanceable characters?
    Yes. You will be able to engage in romances with certain NPCs in your party and throughout the world.

5. Where does Dragon Age 2 take place?
    Dragon Age 2 is set in the Free Marches, with much of the plot focused on the city of Kirkwall, an ancient port city that was once the center of the global slave trade.

6. When does Dragon Age 2 take place?
    Dragon Age 2 takes place sometime after the Blight of Ferelden, as the Darkspawn and other threats emerge to endanger the world again. The story unfolds over the course of a decade as you rise to power and change the world.

7. Will I meet familiar characters in Dragon Age 2?
    Dragon Age 2 is set in the same world as Dragon Age: Origins, and you will cross paths with many of the same individuals and groups that you encountered before.

8. Will the Dragon Age 2 story react to the decisions I made in Dragon Age: Origins?
    Yes. If you import your Origins playthroughs, you will experience the consequences of the choices you made previously. However, this is not necessary to fully experience Dragon Age 2.

9. What will my character be like?
    Your character in Dragon Age 2 will be a legendary figure in the history of Thedas. Not only will you hear people respond to your conversations, but your character will also be be fully-voiced. You will play as a human male or female of any class you wish: Warrior, Mage or Rogue.

10. Will there be new spells and abilities in Dragon Age 2?
    Yes. We'll reveal more details over time, but there will be many spells, abilities and specializations to choose from and customize your character to your liking.

11. What is the story like?
    The Dragon Age 2 story will be a non-linear framed narrative. You will have unprecedented control over the directions your character goes and the sequence in which the story unfolds.

12. What is combat like?
    Dragon Age 2 will feature reactive combat, allowing you to take real-time control of your character in melee, ranged or spell combat. You can pause the game to assign tactical actions to each party member, or take direct control of any individual character while the customizable tactical AI directs the others.

Personally, I'm an avid fan of RPG games. The new direction they're taking DA2 is obviously inspired by the Mass Effect series. That means I can't play an Elf. :-/
18-08-2010, 01:34 AM,
RE: Dragon Age 2
Trailer released

http://kotaku.com/5614842/dragon-age-2-d...e+rendered
18-08-2010, 02:46 AM,
Do you think that we can hope/fear for same-gender sex this time around too? Big Grin
[Image: sitelogo.png]
18-08-2010, 09:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 18-08-2010, 09:06 AM by phonz.)
haha
that would be a strange feature to have listed for the game.

"This game has man-dwarf on man-dwarf action" Big Grin
though I guess in the case of dwarfs, it might as well be same sex partnerships Tongue
18-08-2010, 02:49 PM,
Actually, you can do that with a mod!
19-08-2010, 12:07 PM,
(18-08-2010, 02:49 PM)Rong Wrote: Actually, you can do that with a mod!

heh, I guess that's not the strangest idea for a mod yet.
*thinks back to Max Payne and all the nude mods*
19-08-2010, 02:17 PM,
Screenshots and FAQ added.

Also check out the review from 1up.

"BioWare's fantasy franchise looks ready to step out of the shadow of Baldur's Gate and Mass Effect."

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3180929
26-11-2011, 04:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2011, 03:57 AM by mikii.)
Fantastic team work and nice graphics i like it nice working and really i inspire from you
and thanks full of this mmohax.com keep like that working

foreclosed homes in chicago il